[Discuss-gnuradio] extremely low buffer usage on perf monitor

From: Jeon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] extremely low buffer usage on perf monitor
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 19:31:59 +0900

I am looking into CPU and buffer usage of my OOT module via CtrlPort Performance Monitor.

I have two flow graphs, a transmitter and a receiver.

I can see a quite reasonable performance measures on the receiver side:

However, on the transmitter side, buffer usage shows very weird values:

It says, the transmitter of my OOT module rarely uses buffer. But, i don't think so, and actually it uses buffers! At least, I think encoders on the transmitter should use buffers as much as decoders on the receiver does. (Of course, it's not true that encoder and decoder require same computational cost. But, what I mean is that such tiny value is ridiculous.)

I've executed the transmitter flow graph several times again and again, that number (1.52...e-5) never changes.

My guess is, that number is a floating point representation of 1/(2^16).
And 2^16 is 64k. But I have no idea what it means.

Can anyone give me a tiny hint of it?

Regards
Jeon.