Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio woes

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio woes
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 23:20:19 +0200

Hi Marcus,

I do agree on the "Linux audio is fragmented, and neither PA nor ALSA are consistent in documentation and configuration, and that's seriously irritating" aspect.

So, first of all, I always try to circumvent Pulse. Try sysdefault as audio device name (that's the physical device that pulse uses, on FC21/22; I think it was on FC20, already). `aplay -L` might tell you things I can't ;)

Other than that: might be systematic[1]. Did I mention I really like[2] how Ubuntu doesn't try to bring people to discuss problems with the upstream developers?

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1051665
[2] very much, it makes my head hurt, how much I like Ubuntu.