Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using external usb soundcard

From: Andreas Ladanyi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using external usb soundcard
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 20:16:11 +0200

Hi Marcus,

Hi Andy,
assuming a modern linux.
Ubuntu 14, yes i think this is a modern linux.
In the Audio sink/source, you can enter the device name; potential names
can be found by running
aplay -L

GNU Radio doesn't know anything about the supported rates of sound
cards; you will need to try that one out beforehand. As far as I know,
ALSA applications also simply try until they get no error.
44.1kHz is universally supported; haven't met a proper sound card that
couldn't work with it.
Yes, the "sound" playback works know.

My soundcard support sample rates up to 192khz. So iam asking me how this sample rate could be set manual or the automatic selected samplerate could be veryfied. In the audio sink block max. 48khz could be set.

Best regards,
Marcus
Thank you,
Andy