Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error with running wifi_loopback.grc from gr-ieee

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error with running wifi_loopback.grc from gr-ieee802-11
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 16:34:30 +0200

Hi,

On 08/13/2015 04:20 PM, Tian Alvin wrote:
"mylog(boost::format("encoding: %1% - length: %2% - symbols: %3%")
% d_encoding % d_len % d_copy_symbols);"

To make it work, I still need change it to
"std::string temp = (boost::format("encoding: %1% - length: %2% -
symbols: %3%")
% d_encoding % d_len % d_copy_symbols).str();

Actually, I don't really understand the difference between these two.
What does this change mean? Does the problem relate to log4cpp?

This was suggested to debug the problem, not as a fix.

The problem is described in the issue you referenced (scroll down) and hopefully fixed by this commit
https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/commit/77548c73a95b0460250ef477e309190f20bf8d95

Please update the module with git.

Best,
Bastian

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden
    yes, this is how it is supposed to look. But please read the posts
    at the bottom of the thread. Actually, it should work without
    modifications now.

    Best,
    Bastian

        "std::string temp = (boost::format("encoding: %1% - length: %2% -
        symbols: %3%")
        % d_encoding % d_len % d_copy_symbols).str();
        //mylog(temp);"

        *to change* : in the ofdm_decode_signal.cc# L197&L198
        "mylog(boost::format("encoding: %1% - length: %2% - symbols: %3%")
        % d_encoding % d_len % d_copy_symbols);"

        Now I can get the below result:

        Inline image 1

        Does this mean the flow graph has been run correctly?

        Paul----Thank you very much for your suggestion and sharing!

        On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Bastian Bloessl
        <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
        <mailto:address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>> wrote:

             Hi,

             I just replied on github

https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/issues/18#issuecomment-130651522

             It would be great if you could try what I suggest there.

             Best,
             Bastian