[Discuss-gnuradio] bidirectional with Socket PDU

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] bidirectional with Socket PDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:29:26 -0700

This will probably show my networking ignorance, but is there a way to
use the socket PDU for bi-directional purposes?  I see that it has a PDU
in and out, but I cant' seem to get it to work.

What I am doing is connection netcat to it with the PDU in UDP Server
mode with "nc -u localhost 52001" and I can transmit to it.  But I know
that I cannot open a listening port with "nc -ul localhost 52001" since
the port is bound.

Is there a way to write and listen on the same port, or am I totally
screwing how networking works (the only reason I would think there might
be a way is because the GRC script allows me to connect the PDU in and
out at the same time without throwing an error)?