Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio: Clock Recovery MM: imu out of bounds

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio: Clock Recovery MM: imu out of bounds
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 10:33:50 -0400

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 3:09 AM, Michael B <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer. That's indeed something that I need to think about more. However, as I understand it, the samples per symbol rate is equal to (samp_rate / data_rate). My sample rate is 500k, and my data rate (i think) is only around 100 or 200. See this figure of my (cleaned) signal:

http://imgur.com/8pNqCop

You see that it takes approximately 10 ms to transmit one symbol. This means 100 symbols per second. As I have 500k samples per second, this means 5k samples per symbol, right?

However, I have tried setting the samples per symbol to 4, just to try, and the 'out of bounds' error still persists.

Regards,
Michael

Decimate decimate decimate. You should down sample your signal as soon as possible to something reasonable. You want your sample rate to be large enough to hold the information, but not too large that you're just wasting cycles. Take your input signal down to reasonably represent the slow data rate so that the actual sps is correct. You can just set these numbers arbitrarily.

Tom