Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB), anybody running gr

From: Matthias Brändli
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB), anybody running gr-dab?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:12:21 +0200

Hello all,

On 26. 08. 15 18:01, Ruben Undheim wrote:
> However, there is still no support for audio reception with Andreas' code. It
> basically
> just receives information messages on the FIC channel. But for that, the code
> works
> fine.
>
> If you just make sure you have a good DAB signal, tune into the correct
> frequency,
> add the right arguments, you should be able to make it work.
>
> Extending the code to support audio reception will be happily appreciated. I
> was
> intending to do that, but I was a bit overwhelmed back them, and didn't get
> time
> for it. It should not be very hard according to Andreas.
>
> I'm not aware of any other GNU Radio code that supports audio reception.
> Anyone else?

I'm working on the opendigitalradio[1] DAB transmission chain, and I
know of some projects that can receive DAB. Not really GNURadio, but
that could still be useful for you.

There's SDR-J (a complete receiver for RTL-SDR sticks), rtl-dab and
dabtools (receive and write an ETI stream) and dablin (decode an ETI
stream). Links to these tools are below.

Maybe they can help you to get a full receiver running.

Best regards,
mpb

[1]
http://www.opendigitalradio.org/software