Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB), anybody running gr

From: Matthias Weber
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB), anybody running gr-dab?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:48:14 +0200

Hi Ruben and all,

thank you for your response. I am not sure if my last response found it's way
to you and the list. Nevertheless it contained a typo error. To keep it short:

I could just test it again and indeed the -c switch (fine frequency correction)
did the trick. Both USRP N210 and an rtl-sdr dongle work perfectly.

Am Mittwoch, 26. August 2015 18:01 CEST, Ruben Undheim <address@hidden> schrieb:
> (...)
> Extending the code to support audio reception will be happily appreciated. I
> was
> intending to do that, but I was a bit overwhelmed back them, and didn't get
> time
> for it. It should not be very hard according to Andreas.
>
> I'm not aware of any other GNU Radio code that supports audio reception.
> Anyone else?

Before receiving audio I think a few additions have to be made to the
fib_sink_vb_impl class.
The process_fig method needs to be extended to support more FIG types and their
extensions.
I tried to do that on my own yesterday, but it is quite exhausting -- you
really need some time to read the standard and implement the code. Nevertheless
the project is really well-prepared and it's pretty nice to already work on
bits instead of symbols as the signal processing, demodulation and channel
decoding is already done.

There is another nice DAB project at [1], but as far as I have seen it is not
based on gnuradio. Nevertheless USRPs are supported via UHD (not sure if yet
available as not displayed in the GUI) and several other hardware. Though I
haven't compiled it because of lack of dependencies on my Linux Mint. In my
Win7 VM I have trouble to get the rtl-sdr driver issues resolved. In
/src/backend you find their fib_processor. An MSC handler is implemented as
well (for DAB/MP2, DAB+/MP4).

Cheers
Matthias

[1] http://www.sdr-j.tk/index.html