[Discuss-gnuradio] On the "right" approach for developing applications t

From: Crozzoli Maurizio
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] On the "right" approach for developing applications to be run on an E310
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 21:46:55 +0000

Hi!

We just received our brand new E310 and we are wondering what is the “right” approach for developing applications to be run on it.

In fact we are a bit used to working with a B220 but that operating condition was a different: C(++) code and/or GNURadio (with the its graphical Companion) was developed on the PC and the application was run on the B220. Now the PC is in the E310 itself: so the question in the subject comes natural (for us).

What seems clear is that the code has to be cross-compiled for that on-board ARM processor (it is not clear where to download the corresponding SDK from the Ettus site but that is a different issue). But then it is not clear how to deal with GR (especially if you want to use GRC!) and how to deal with the output. For instance, suppose you just want to start with the FM receiver which is a sort of “Hello world!” of SDR, at least for us.

Any suggestion is more than welcome. Maybe a helpful discussion might come out from our doubts which is useful also for others.

Anyway TIA!

BR,

Maurizio.

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.

rispetta l'ambienteRispetta l'ambiente. Non stampare questa mail se non è necessario.