Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Throttle block form wav files

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Throttle block form wav files
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 10:54:52 -0400

You can't have a throttle block inline with an audio source. Did you try putting the throttle between the file source and the selector?

(I haven't actually tried this)

- Jeff

On 09/03/2015 10:22 AM, Murray Thomson wrote:
Hi,

I'm using a flow graph with no GUI to demodulate a signal. I have a
selector block that allows me to select the source of the signal between
the audio card and a wav file. I can change the source using an xmlrpc
server/client.

If I don't use a throttle block with the wav file, the flow graph takes
all the CPU and the server/client is very slow.
If I put a throttle, I get audio underruns when using the audio card.
Same problem for a constant source.

Can anyone please recommend a better way to do this?

Cheers,
Murray