Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why cant I increase signal by 1 hz at a time with

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why cant I increase signal by 1 hz at a time with high frequencies?
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 23:20:41 -0400

On 09/07/2015 10:33 PM, Douglas Beonkey wrote:
It seems that when I create a signal source block and try and view the
signal on a waterfall plot or FFT plot, I can not increase the signal by
a granularity of 1 Hz at higher starting frequencies.

Example:
If I create a signal source block with a starting frequency of 1.2 GHz,
and in the block have a variable slider added to the frequency (assume
the variable can slide between 0 and 1000), i must move the slider 120
or more steps before the signal shifts on the waterfall plot with a gap
of 120 or more hz.

Is there a way to move the signal by 1 hz regardless of how high or low
the signal source frequency is?

Signal block screen shots attached.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/11103/Signal_Source_Block.png
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/11104/Signal_Increase_Hz.png

Using a signal source to produce a synthetic signal at 1.7GHz is simply not going to work, unless your sample-rate is 3.4GHz, which seems
  rather unlikely.

Normally in Gnu Radio, signals are represented in complex-baseband, leaving the hardware to move this up/down to the desired "on air"
  frequency.

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish, perhaps you could share a high-level overview?