[Discuss-gnuradio] Problems closing a valve block with a Python Block

From: Juan Pimentel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems closing a valve block with a Python Block
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 19:15:39 +0200

Hello:
    We have successfully used a GUI block to open (or close) a valve by
pressing the mouse button.
    Now we want to open (or close) the valve from a Python block that we
are writing after comparing two messages. If the messages are the same,
we want to open the valve, otherwise the valve should remain closed.

Below is the xml definition of our Python block as well as the Python
code. The problem we are having is that GRC does not allow us to compile
the code. The variable beacon_tx is not recognized by the valve block.

Can somebody help u with this issue?

Thanks.

XML FILE
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<block>
  <name>compare</name>
  <key>conditions_compare</key>
  <category>conditions</category>
  <import>import conditions</import>
  <make>conditions.compare()</make>
  <!-- Make one 'param' node for every Parameter you want settable from
the GUI.
       Sub-nodes:
       * name
       * key (makes the value accessible as $keyname, e.g. in the make
node)
       * type -->

  <!-- Make one 'sink' node per input. Sub-nodes:
       * name (an identifier for the GUI)
       * type
       * vlen
       * optional (set to 1 for optional inputs) -->
  <sink>
    <name>in</name>
    <type>int</type>
  </sink>

  <sink>beacon_tx
    <name>in</name>
    <type>int</type>
  </sink>
  <!-- Make one 'source' node per output. Sub-nodes:
       * name (an identifier for the GUI)
       * type
       * vlen
       * optional (set to 1 for optional inputs) -->
</block>

PYTHON CODE
import numpy
import smbus
import time
import subprocess
beacon_tx
from gnuradio import gr

class compare(gr.sync_block):
    """
    docstring for block compare
    """
    def __init__(self):
        gr.sync_block.__init__(self,
            name="compare",beacon_tx
            in_sig=[numpy.int,numpy.int],beacon_tx
            out_sig=None)

    def work(self, input_items, output_items):
        in0 = input_items[0]
        in1 = input_items[1]

        if numpy.array_equal(in0,in1):
            self.beacon_tx = True
            pr.sync_block):
    """
    docstring for block compare
    """
    def __init__(self):
        gr.sync_block.__init__(self,
            name="compare",
            in_sig=[numpy.int,numpy.int],
            out_sig=None)

    def work(self, input_items, output_items):
        in0 = input_items[0]
        in1 = input_items[1]

        if numpy.array_equal(in0,in1):
            self.beacon_tx = True