Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems with setting up RFNoC environment within

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problems with setting up RFNoC environment within PyBombs
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 09:51:41 -0700

Martin,

Thank, I now see that there was a commented out line inside of the
recipe for the rfnoc branch, so I made the change, installed UHD, and
then reinstalled gnuradio.  Lastly I installed gr-ettus and all seems to
be happy (happy enough that things will load at least).

If I setup one of my simple RFNoC GRC scripts though, I get an error in
the command terminal that looks like this:
ile "/home/jason/GRC/uglyPolyPhase.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.device3 = variable_uhd_device3_0 =
ettus.device3(uhd.device_addr_t( ",".join(("type=x300",
"addr0=10.40.152.52")) ))
  File
"/home/jason/target/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ettus/ettus_swig.py",
line 1855, in make
    return _ettus_swig.device3_make(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: EnvironmentError: IOError: Radio ctrl (A) no response
packet - AssertionError: bool(buff)
  in uint64_t radio_ctrl_core_3000_impl::wait_for_ack(bool)
  at
/home/jason/pybombs/src/uhd/host/lib/usrp/cores/radio_ctrl_core_3000.cpp:199

I can ping the IP address of the X310, and uhd_usrp_probe works fine, so
I know that the connection is OK.  I have a Device3 block with the
proper device address sand arguments, so I cannot quite tell what I am
missing.

Since an old script no longer is working, I have a feeling that
something isn't updated properly for rfnoc in my pybomb environment.  Do
you know what I am missing here?