Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP] tracking the transmission/receiving proces

From: Logan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP] tracking the transmission/receiving process
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:47:13 -0700 (MST)

Hi Martin,

Thank you. Now I see how the interaction between the host PC and USRP works.
Actually, i am mostly interested in the transmission/sensing to/from the
radio space (i.e. a radio application on PC sends command to the hardware
for transmission/sensing). To my understanding, the application has put the
radio parameters into the property tree and messages into the queue. But how
does the hardware (motherboard&daughterboard) know when to perform the
transmission/sensing? I know the command is also delivered through the
Ethernet as you've introduced. I am wondering where does the USRP somehow
"decode" the command, and realize the intention of the application?

Best Regards,
Logan