Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with syncing two USRPs!

From: Benjamin Nuss
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with syncing two USRPs!
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 03:20:15 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

has the problem been solved in the meantime? I'm triying to build up a 1x2
MIMO setup with two N210 (2 SBX daughterboards). One Transmit channel with
one of the TX/RX ports and two receive channels with the two RX2 ports. The
two USRPs are connected via a MIMO cable.

The N210 (TX: addr=172.22.77.72 / RX: addr1=172.22.77.72) that is used for
transmit and receive ist the master and uses a GPSDO as clock. The time
source is default. The other USRP (addr0=172.22.77.71) is intended to be
synchronized via the MIMO cable.

<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n56029/usrp_mimo.png>

But when I execute the flowgraph the error message

Uthread[thread-per-block[2]: <block gr uhd usrp source (23)>]: RuntimeError:
fifo ctrl timed out looking for acks

occurs. Though the transmit path works and the signal is send out. The
window of the scope opens as well, but it doesn't show anything and no
samples are received if you try to save them to a bin file.
If the USRP source is splitted up into two sources, everything works fine.
But in this case, the samples of the two USRPs are not aligned and the delay
between the two paths is random.

Thank you in advance
Benjamin