[Discuss-gnuradio] Reporting experience of installation from source of G

From: Daniele
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reporting experience of installation from source of GnuRadio-3.7.8
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:12:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!
I just want to share my experience of installing gnuradio-3.7.8 on a PC with
debian stretch (test version).
Initially, the PC was equipped with only 2 GB of RAM and the installation
finished with an error. (To be more precise, after performing "cmake ../" in
the build directory and executing the command "make").
After several attempts I gave him back the "make" command to read the error
messages.
Then compile resumed without problems. This suggested to me that could be a
problem of RAM. Adding another 2 GB of RAM to the same PC everything worked
properly.
I suggest that it would be necessary to point out this requirement in the
notes describing the installation process. (I read this item only about
those who want to use the DVD with a live distribution containing gnuradio).

I hope this notes could be useful.

Daniele