[Discuss-gnuradio] Fractional resampler eats stream tags on changes on t

From: Piotr Krysik
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fractional resampler eats stream tags on changes on the "ratio" input
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 22:06:25 +0200

Hi all,

Fractional resampler has additional "rate" signal input for supplying
resampling ratio for each input signal sample.
Changes of the signal on the "ratio" input might result in loss of tags
that are close in time to these changes.

I observed the problem when I was implementing frequency offset
corrector (attached flowgraph screenshot).
Short description what is going on there:
-when message comes to ppm_in port of the block "Controlled const
source" changes value of constant at the output,
-when Controlled rotator observe this change on its input, it emits
stream tag,
-for changes of about +/-50ppm (and above) on the 'ratio' input of the
Fractional Resampler, tags coming from the Controlled rotator are not
going through.

Just by looking at the Fractional Resampler implementation
(https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-filter/lib/fractional_resampler_cc_impl.cc#L104)
I'm not able to locate source of the problem.

I can implement minimal working example if needed.

Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik