[Discuss-gnuradio] Rational resampler misunderstanding

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rational resampler misunderstanding
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 05:27:07 -0700

I think I am overthinking something with the rational resampler.  I am
working on an RFNoC block to incorporate a working gnuradio script we
have, and am somehow being silly about the rational resampler.

I am decimating by 4 (and not interpolating at all), to reduce the
sample rate by 4.  Under the hood, is GNURadio basically creating a FIR
decimator?  Is it that simple, or am I missing some other pieces?