[Discuss-gnuradio] Is there an alternative of sending message upstream?

From: ratnesh kumbhkar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is there an alternative of sending message upstream?
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:22:26 -0400

Hi all,
I am trying to make a receiver on gnuradio where one block 'A' uses dynamic "threshold" and this threshold is determined by another downstream block 'B' and is fed back to 'A' as a message. I use "msg_connect" to connect both message port. However there is considerable amount of delay between "the time a change is made" to "the time that change actually takes place". Please see the attached picture. The red curve is the thershold changed in block 'B' and blue curve is the threshold after the message received at block 'A'

Is there an alternative method to do the process? Or can I somehow speed up this message passing process?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Ratnesh Kumbhkar