Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] edits to HamRadio wiki page

From: G Mallery
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] edits to HamRadio wiki page
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 19:57:07 -0800

Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 19:23:08 +0100
From: Daniel Pocock <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] edits to HamRadio wiki page

I started editing the HamRadio wiki page with some of the feedback from
recent discussions:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/HamRadio

Can anybody see any flaws in the content or the structure I have used?
Can anybody think of examples to add to the links?

Daniel,

   This is super.  With SatNogs coming online with GNURadio (hopefully!), this is
a welcome sight.

   I know the DVB-T and -S modules are a godsend to many hams active in ATV.
I've used the simple spectrum display myself in conjuction with the 2.495GHz
International Space Station DVB-S downlink.

   Every so often, I see on this list someone is looking to link with the D-Star systems
Digital Data (DD) format, a kind of modified ethernet wifi packet (I believe).  Amateur
operators using TCP-IP have a class-A block of addresses (at 44.x.x.x) they can use
without treading into other waters.

PS - Please don't leave out Lou Brown's FMT.  The YouTube showing the GRC flowgraph
is a masterpiece.
https://github.com/madengr/fmt

Best of luck with the wiki.

v/r (73),