Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] power amplifiers on TX

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] power amplifiers on TX
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:26:00 +0100

On 11/01/16 11:23, Martin Braun wrote:
> On 01/11/2016 09:20 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> On 11/01/16 07:18, Martin Braun wrote:
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> can you please group the pages into something cohesive? Not sure if the
>>> common theme is 'ham radio' or 'hardware', but something like that.
>>>
>>> Thanks for adding all the content!
>>
>> There is already a hardware page listing SDR devices:
>>
>> https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Hardware
>>
>> so I thought this would be an appropriate name for Transceiver hardware:
>>
>> https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/HardwareTransceiver
>>
>> Transceiver designs will be useful for ham radio, but it is not only for
>> ham radio, people may want to build high-power wifi transceivers or
>> something else, that is why I didn't put the transceiver info on the
>> HamRadio page itself.
>>
>> Can you please let me know if there are any other conventions for
>> grouping or tagging pages, or using sub-pages?
>
> Hey Daniel,
>
> there's nothing wrong with the naming, and I'm very happy about the new
> pages.
> If you look at http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/index,
> you'll see that the pages are grouped by category, so there's an easy
> navigation between pages of the same category. In this case, maybe
> making all the pages a sub-page of 'Hardware' is fine.

I think somebody with wiki admin rights needs to do that

I don't see the rename link on the page.  If I add "/rename" to the URL
it tells me "You are not authorized to access this page."

It says here:

http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/RedmineWikis#Creating-sub-pages-parentchild-relationships

that the page needs to be renamed to make it a sub-page of Hardware (the
edit form doesn't allow this to be changed)

Probably both of these pages should become sub-pages:

https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/HardwareTransceiver
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TransmitterActivation

Regards,

Daniel