Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Crosscompile Gnuradio for Rpi

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Crosscompile Gnuradio for Rpi
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:01:52 -0500

On 01/13/2016 12:31 PM, Marcus Müller wrote:
> Hi Matej,
>

> so, your Toolchain-RaspberryPi.cmake contains this, right?
>
> # this one is important
> SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
> #this one not so much
> SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION 1)
>
> # specify the cross compiler
> SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER
> /home/matej/RaspberryPi/toolchain/local/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc)
>
> SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
> /home/matej/RaspberryPi/toolchain/local/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-g++)
>
> # where is the target environment
> SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH
> /home/matej/RaspberryPi/toolchain/local/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi)
>
> # search for programs in the build host directories
> SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)
> # for libraries and headers in the target directories
> SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)
> SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)
>
> My understanding is that with CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH set, and the
> CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_{LIBRARIES,INCLUDE} set to "ONLY", cmake will
> only look under that directory when searching for libraries and
> includes, and it doesn't matter whether you've installed them on your
> system.
>
> I'm not quite sure what the right mechanism on Ubuntu is, but I'd say
> you'll either have to
>
>  1. set the  ..._MODE_INCLUDE to BOTH, so that CMake can at least find
>     your headers in your host install, and then install the arm library
>     binaries to your
>     /home/matej/RaspberryPi/toolchain/local/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi,
>     or
>  2. install both the headers and the arm binaries into your
>     /home/matej/RaspberryPi/toolchain/local/x-tools/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi

Yep, crosstools only builds the compiler and libc. You need to populate
the sdk with all the gnuradio build time depends. This isn't trivial,
which I was I use OpenEmbedded to build images and sdk's for small
embedded boards.

We have some notes for this appraoch here"

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Embedded

They might help you with the crosstools approach.

Philip