Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting the max output items in OOT Module

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting the max output items in OOT Module
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:09:41 +0100

Hi Nigel,

this sounds like you should rather be limiting the input item number of your next block.

So do I get this right: We're looking at three blocks here:

A-->B-->C

What you want to do is limit the number of output items the scheduler asks for at block B, right? Block A is the one where you want to limit the size of data input to, and C is the one that retunes?

GNU Radio really just politely asks for a number of output items. If you have reason to produce less, you can simply produce less. Problem might be that GNU Radio, based on the "busyness" of the block downstream (these all run concurrently, so the moment that B produces one sample, C might still be work()ing on the previous one(s) , and by the time it's finished, there already might be more than one item accumulated in C's input buffer).

Is it that the potential aggregation of samples in C's input buffer leads to latency is problematic for your application?

Best Regards,
Marcus