[Discuss-gnuradio] Socket PDU length behavior

From: Jacob Gilbert
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Socket PDU length behavior
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 07:55:04 -0700

I am experiencing some unusual behavior with the attached flowgraph where float data is put into PDUs and sent over the network using the socket_pdu block. Only the first quarter of the data is correctly received.

I suspect the behavior is due to inconsistent treatment of the length pmt between socket_pdu and tagged_stream_to_pdu (I believe the way stream to tagged stream is operating is correct), but I am not sure where the factor of 4 is coming from or where it should be changed. Also, if the keep M in N block is bypassed it generally works and the length tag value on the output side behaves totally different, which I do not understand.

Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Thanks,
Jacob