Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] B200mini USB 3.0 Detection Issues

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] B200mini USB 3.0 Detection Issues
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 12:06:41 -0800

I'm going to guess the root cause is power:
- I recently heard some folks wishing for an external power connector
for their minis due to power issues.
- My B200 will brown out on a 6ft cable, and usually works fine on the 3ft
- My laptop will switch from charging to discharging when I push the B200 hard
- My laptop often fails to negotiate USB3 when on batteries, falling
back to USB2
- Powering my B200 with an external supply makes all of these issues go away.

Also, you can just use uhd_usrp_probe to load the firmware and test
the connection... might be a little bit quicker than using
gnuradio-companion.