[Discuss-gnuradio] Receiving live DVB-T not working

From: Rode Biet
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiving live DVB-T not working
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 20:10:44 +0000 (UTC)

I am trying to receive Dutch public broadcast DVB-T with gr-dtv/dvb-t.

The channel has the following parameters:

NPO 1:618000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_1_2:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCHY_NONE:7011:7012:1101

I modified dvbt_rx_8k.grc to above parameters and cyclic prefix of 8192/4 = 2048.

Using a hackrf, I recorded 10 MS/s at 618 MHz. I added a resampler of 64/70 just like some USRP B210 example in gr-dvbt.

I added a a GUI Constellation Sink after the ODFM Symbol Acquisition + FFT to see what is going on.

If I generate a raw file using a modified dvbt_tx_8k.grc, this is correctly read in my modified dvbt_rx_8k.grc and on the extra constellation sync you see a pattern.

If I read the hackrf received file, the extra constellation sync will show things, but it does not look like a pattern, it looks a bit random noise.

The files are in https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7N6_wFOhgnoQnZFcjVJcDNxNEk

It tried with both gnuradio 3.7.9 and the git head version.

Does anyone have experience receiving public DVB-T channels using gr-dtv?

Your help is much appreciated.