Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 Wifi Transceiver Issue

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ieee 802.11 Wifi Transceiver Issue
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:43:25 -0800

Hi

> On 10 Feb 2016, at 15:13, Abhinav Jadon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Next I replaced the loopback with a uhd source and sink and connected the RF
> frontends using a SMA cable. It fails to give me any packet (the wireshark
> connector). I tried playing with the value of rx_gain and tx_gain. I also
> tried playing with the value of the the correlation threshold.
> I then chose to debug using the data flow. The data in the flowgraph flows
> until the Decode MAC block where it gets dropped with checksum wrong message.

Your debugging sounds already pretty good. Some more stuff you could try

- assert that there are no overruns (ā€˜Oā€™s or ā€˜Dā€™ on the console)
- check that frame detection is working (there are no frames detected when the
transmitter is turned off)
- test with antennas
- assert that you connected the correct antenna ports (RX and TX use a
different ports by default)
- set a different LO offset
- use the LMS equaliser
- try a different sample rate / bandwidth
- check if the signal field is decoded correctly (log or debug option)

Best,
Bastian