[Discuss-gnuradio] issues with thread priority

From: Simone Ciccia S210664
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] issues with thread priority
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 12:22:31 +0100

Hello,

I'm experiencing some issue trying to set block thread priorities.

I discovered that my USRP is not able to set thread priorities since the function pthread_setschedparam(pthread_self(), policy, &sp); fails.

Therefore, I tryed to test a simple block (whatever), inserting the core affinity to a processor (e.g. CPU 0) directly in the block GUI,
then, in the block constructor I set the thread priority with

gr::thread::set_thread_priority(gr::thread::get_current_thread_id(),99);

The priority value is retrieved in the work function, and tells that the thread priority is set to 0 (wrong).

I suspect that there is a limitation somewhere (probably in the linux kernel or in some configuration file), I tryed it on another machine without problems (all works correctly).

Can you help me?