Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with RX OFDM through the network

From: Maicon Kist
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with RX OFDM through the network
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 15:49:33 -0300

Hi Martin,

just checking here: Do you understand the full design of the rx_ofdm and
tx_ofdm flow graphs

I do understand the overall design (at least for my uses)

Also, you never want to limit the number of items. The Random Source
does not get prioritized, it simply will produce data until its output
buffer is filled. Because there can never be more data consumed
downstream than are produced upstream, at any given time the expected
number of bursts at the top of the flow graph is bigger than that at the
end.

Is there a way to limit the buffer size or something like that? What I would like is to avoid a situation where the Random Source produced 10**6 bytes while only 10**3 bytes were produced and the end.

Best Regards.