Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wi-Fi Channel Monitoring

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wi-Fi Channel Monitoring
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 12:37:15 +0100

Hi FiFi,

well, WiFi is split into channels of bw=12, 20 or 40 MHz, depending on the standards we're looking at.

I don't think I'll tell you something new when I recommend that you

1. isolate these bw wide channels from the f_sample >= bw wide digital signal coming from the USRP,
2. estimate the power contained within these,
3. store the results

So with what of these three steps do you have problems? As generally as you ask this now, it's going to be a bit hard to help you...

If you haven't already, read the Guided Tutorials[1]. They are short, a fun (and rewarding) read, and they should give you knowledge of most methods you'll need to achieve what you need.

Best regards,
Marcus
[1] https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorials