Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs install fetch fail

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs install fetch fail
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 23:21:45 +0200

Adding what I know
python requests is a pure HTTP library; it really can't do FTP at all.
You could write or install a FTP protocol adapter for it… and instead,
Chris went ahead and simply found HTTP sources for all four recipes
depending on FTP.
The awesome thing was that we realized that the source lines of the form:

source: wget+http://…

contains some redundancy.
As the pybombs source fetchers define regexes that match different kinds
of URLs, we just went ahead and removed all the explicit "wget+" from
the recipes in gr-recipes.

So if you happen to be writing recipes: I think it'd be cooler if you
just used

source: http://theserver/file.tar.gz

instead of the "oldschool"

source: wget+http://theserver/file.tar.gz