Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quickstart comments related to Ubunto 15.10 (out

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quickstart comments related to Ubunto 15.10 (out of the box)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 12:57:30 -0700

Hi Gregory,

thanks for the feedback! I have some inline comments/questions.

Which version of PyBOMBS were you using?

On 04/11/2016 06:32 PM, Gregory W. Ratcliff wrote:
> ***********
> Minor findings:
>
> The Git is required to be installed.  Easy to fix with apt-get install git
> Executing pybombs install gnuradio osmosdr doesn't really work.  It
> seems like the last item on the list is attempted to build first.

PyBOMBS should have already figured out that it needs git and installed
it. If this was't the case, there's a bug in the existing code.

> I executued pybombs install gnuradio as a stand alone and about an hour
> later I had a working gnuradio system.
>
> Then pybombs install osmosdr worked.
>
> UHD worked (isn't support nice!).
>
> Its not specifically mentioned in the quickstart that a fetch is
> required first.

A fetch is also not required. How did this problem manifest?