Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to use the gnuradio block with c programing

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to use the gnuradio block with c programing
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:51:39 -0400

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Ekko <address@hidden> wrote:
hi Tom
i read the examples in gr-audio/examples/c++, and the examples in gr-uhd/examples/c++;
these two examples is all use the block in gnuradio,just like the audio sink,uhd sink.
and i want to multiple the output of the signal source of gnuradio with my own data (for example the data in an array);
the function connect will not work here,so i want to know how can i use gnuradio block just like a function not with the connect,
because my own data is not ok for connect.

thank you

--Ekko

No. Blocks are designed to work within a flowgraph. You can use a vector_source_x block to pull samples into a flowgraph from a vector though.

Tom

(Ok, so it's possible to call work/general_work yourself from outside of a flowgraph, but it's very difficult to set up and do and almost certainly not worth the hassle.)