Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Overwrites UHD With Old Version

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Overwrites UHD With Old Version
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 09:36:59 -0700

On 04/21/2016 07:36 AM, West, Nathan wrote:
>     The next thing I tried was using pybombs to install uhd and gnuradio
>     but once again, I ended up with a UHD version that was too old to
>     use with my B200Mini.
>
> Now that's not supposed to happen.

Well, if you apt-get install gnuradio and it pulls in UHD too, then that
would clobber whatever's on the system, and that probably won't support
the B200mini. It depends on how pybombs was set up, if a proper prefix
was defined and if none of the current defaults were changed (i.e.,
where all hw drivers and GNU Radio default to source builds).

BTW, if someone is interested in providing an SDK recipe for x-compiling
for the RPi, that would be great and I'd be happy to assist.