Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs hates anaconda

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs hates anaconda
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 18:23:05 +0200

Hi Mike,

to be honest: if I had to find the single feature which is also an
anti-feature of PyBOMBS it's that it's a software manager to work within
other software managers. And it can be used to build up a separate
library environment for specific software's usage, intentionally
distinct from what the original software manager manages.
Obviously, some testing, and specific coding had to be done to make it
work on quite a few quite different Linux distros.

Exactly the same can be said about Anaconda – it's a package manager and
a library environment-within-environment. So, what PyBOMBS and Anaconda
do kind of is parallel and somehow contradicting. It's no big surprise
to me that it doesn't work (at least not unmodified).

So, honestly, this sounds like an anaconda issue – if it can't find
something that is clearly installed in a path you'd expect Anaconda to
find it in, then it sounds like you should be configuring anaconda's
python correctly.

Best regards,
Marcus