Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about sampling rate and center freq

From: abhinav narain
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about sampling rate and center freq
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 11:20:33 -0700

Hi Marcus,

thanks for the sketch; for the next time, screenshots are best done by using GRC's "Screen Capture" functionality, or at least with your operating system's screenshot function. Can't be that hard.

Not at all!
Sorry, I was taking pictures of hardware and hence just took one for
the GRC too.  As I showed in previous picture, I am only using RX-B. I
am not sure how to connections will be for dual mode, but currently I
am just using one. I get complex values in the GRC and I can plot
complex FFT of them.

My sample rate is 400 KHz and my center frequency is 200 KHz.

GRC 1] : http://postimg.org/image/6653d0rm9/

What is the rough line? Why did you chose to photograph a reflective surface agains daylight?

I have a better picture[2] now : http://postimg.org/image/hptdrl2vl/

And, as I mentioned in IRC when I asked for them, it is important to define wheter you're doing I&Q or real sampling.

I am dong I&Q sampling as shown in [1]. By real sampling, I suppose
you meant that I am taking  magnitude before feeding to the Spectrogram.

It's no use discussing any of your question until we know whether we're looking at a complex equivalent baseband or at a real signal.

I am doing complex baseband as in the picture. My question was related
to the sampling. I thought doing sampling (complex baseband as shown
in GRC) in 250kHz at center frequency 125kHz is equavelent to doing
500kHz, with center frequency 0Hz  using LFRX. In 0 Hz case, I wasn't
able to make of the negative frequency (apart from the artifact that
they are in opposite direction, I read in books).
I think I am not clear in my understanding, so I wanted to ask someone
knowleagable.

Thank you for your time,
Abhinav

Best regards,