[Discuss-gnuradio] Replacement for packet encoder/decoder

From: Damindra Bandara
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Replacement for packet encoder/decoder
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 12:40:10 -0400

Hi,

I have a flowgraph that uses packet encoder at the transmitter end and a decoder at the receiver end. I updated GNURadio to the latest version and saw that the packet encoder/decoder are marked as deprecated. My current work flows are as follows.

TX end: message source-->packet encoder-->modulator-->USRP sink
RX end : USRP source --> synchronization blocks(for phase modulation)--> demodulator--> packet decoder--> message sink

Is there a replacement for packet encoder/decoder in the latest version? I appreciate if you could give me some information regarding this.

Thank you,
Damindra

--
Damindra Savithri Bandara,
Ph.D. in Information Technology (Candidate)