Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTL SDR & GNU Radio new linux machine.

From: Paul Zander
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTL SDR & GNU Radio new linux machine.
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 21:34:06 +0000 (UTC)

FM received!

I re-tried GRC with OSMO_FM, which I downloaded last month.

I touched the antenna, and heard a faint voice.  I repositioned the dongle and reception was much improved.

Apparently the very first time I tried the radio, the antenna was in just the right place.  By the time I installed Linux, etc. something changed.

I still have a ton of questions about installation of GR and especially the Osmocom SDR, but at last I know things are actually working.