[Discuss-gnuradio] How to make TRX-A and TRX-B of E310 to transmit indep

From: Zhe Feng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to make TRX-A and TRX-B of E310 to transmit independently in GRC
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 02:15:25 -0600

Hello all,

I'm using E310 on GnuRadio Companion and I'm trying to use E310 to transmit independently but failed. I'm wondering whether there is a way to do that or whether I've done something wrong on my side.

First, I put two sources in GRC, one cosine wave transmits forever and one vector source with finite length and is not repeated. These two sources are connected to a USRP Sink with two channels, whose Antennas are set both to TX/RX.

I executed the problem and expected to see one of the TRX antenna transmits forever while the other TRX antenna stops after a while. However, I only noticed that the TRX-A and TRX-B antennas start to transmit, but stopped at the same time. I guess that's when the non-repeated vector source finished transmitting.

Then, I tried another way. Still with there two sources, I connect each of them to a UHRP sink with one channel. For the USRP A that connects to the cos wave, I set the subdev spec to A:A while the other USRP B that connects to the non-repeated vector source, I set the subdev spec to A:B. However, with this setting, only TRX-A transmitted for a while, then it stopped. The results tells me that the vector source was actually connected to USRP A and transmitted for a while.

So it seems to me that I'm not able to make the two channels (antennas) of E310 to transmit independently. I'm wondering if there is a way to do that or any problem in the way I have done.

I attached these two simple examples for your reference.

Thanks!
Best regards,
Zhe