Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Video Transmission

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Digital Video Transmission
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 04:31:34 -0800

Digital video transmission for world wide standards is fully supported in GNU Radio. The following standards have been implemented:

ATSC
DVB-S
DVB-S2
DVB-T
DVB-T2
ITU-T J.83B (CATV 64QAM)

Take a look at the examples directory in gr-dtv. In the README files, there are links to test Transport Streams.

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/tree/master/gr-dtv/examples

For ATSC and DVB-T, there are receiver implementations that will run on USRP's (although a high performance CPU is required). For the other standards, commercial receivers can be used.

Here's a video showing GNU Radio sending DVB-S2 with LimeSDR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7iy0gVywo

Ron