Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] out-of-tree module without root privileges

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] out-of-tree module without root privileges
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:13:25 -0800

On 11/11/2016 12:24 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am having a problem with out of tree modules in gnuradio. I have a pc
> on which multiple users can log on to it. I have installed gnuradio on
> the administration account and all users can use it. The users who are
> using the machine can't install out of tree modules in gnuradio because
> they don't have root privileges.

Presuming it's a Linux system, yes, they can use

  sudo make install

You'll have to setup sudo - the file is usually

 /etc/sudoers

and add them to the 'sudo' group in

 /etc/group

It's possible you may have to install sudo - I have a minimal install of
Debian and I don't have the sudo command or the /etc/sudoers file.

   https://stackexchange.com

for details on setting up sudo.