Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving GNURadio flowgraph as vector graphics

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving GNURadio flowgraph as vector graphics
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:25:18 +0100

Hi,

as far as I know: That is a feature of upcoming GNU Radio companions. Now, if someone is willing to throw a lot of personal and financial support at the GRC team, we'd probably see this soon. But GUI is one of the things not easy to motivate people to implement :)

Let's assume you're using LaTeX:

However, blurryness is not necessary. I strongly recommend using a tool like GIMP to set a proper PNG resolution – 150 DPI works fine (if in GIMP, go to "image"->"Print Size", use 150 "pixels per inch", and export to png). Do that with the same resolution for all your flow graphs – that will eliminate the awkward moment when reading a document, and a very simple, not-that-important flow graph seems to be much bigger than a complex, larger flowgraph. Also, you don't run into problems with readability – if a flow graph screenshot doesn't fit on your paper in 150dpi, you will need to rearrange your flow graph to make it fit. Scaling it down would make the text illegibly small, anyway.

Best regards,

Marcus