[Discuss-gnuradio] Timed USRP source commands and tags

From: Meelis Nõmm
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timed USRP source commands and tags
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 17:28:20 +0200

Hello

We are building a frequency scanner. As suggested in many posts, like in [1], one should use timed command messages.

Now my questions are:
1. Do I understand it correctly that the gnuradio USRP Source block does not add a tag when the center frequency changes?
2. If that is correct then we just have to trust that the frequency changed at the requested time?
3. Does the USRP output the center frequency change information and it is lost along the line or is it never given out (just would imagine that the FPGA should send this vital information with the data packages)?
4. This would mean that the data flow between work functions, knows nothing of the center frequency alteration mid block (unless we attach a tag to the "correct" sample)?

Just trying to understand the situation and our options
Thank you
Meelis