[Discuss-gnuradio] input of Signal Source blocks

From: Marc Pàmies Massip
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] input of Signal Source blocks
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 14:10:44 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that the Signal Source block has an input which says "Freq" (in gray color), but I don't know how to use it properly (I'm quite new in GNUradio)... I wanted to use it to change the generated signal's frequency automatically, without having to use a slider in the GUI or something similar that requires user interaction.

My goal is to make a frequency scanner for a band of 45 MHz that I cannot look at once because of the sample rate limitation, and then try to detect the strongest signals in that band. The idea to do this was generating a saw tooth signal which output value would be the input of a Signal Source that generates a cosine wave (in order to modulate the center frequency gradually until the entire band is scanned).

I don't know if I have explained myself well... The question is basically if it is possible to automatically change the frequency of a sinusoid between certain predefined values.

If you need more information just ask!

Thank you very much for your time,

Marc.