[Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNUradio from source on Windows 7

From: Ernie Potenziani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNUradio from source on Windows 7
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:28:08 +0000 (UTC)

Any advice will be much appreciated (I'm new to this board so please excuse me if this is not the proper forum to pose this question):

I wonder if anyone can point out what I may be doing wrong to get this error while installing GNUradio from source on a Windows 7 machine (I am using an Ettus x310 and the binary version of GNUradio gives an error with the FPGA builds, so I'm trying to build it from the ground up):

I am using the instructions from the web page https://github.com/gnieboer/gnuradio_windows_build_scripts

The error I encounter is when running the install script is:

C:\Users\user\GNURadio_Windows_Build_Scripts>Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
C:\Users\user\GNURadio_Windows_Build_Scripts>powershell
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\user\GNURadio_Windows_Build_Scripts> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
PS C:\Users\user\GNURadio_Windows_Build_Scripts> ./~RUNME_FIRST.ps1
Please choose an absolute root directory for this build <c:\gr-build>:
Performing initial setup
Setting up directories and checking dependencies...

cmdlet Import-LocalizedData at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
BindingVariable:
Import-LocalizedData : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'BindingVariable'. The argument is null or empty. Supply a
n argument that is not null or empty and then try the command again.
At C:\Users\user\GNURadio_Windows_Build_Scripts\Setup.ps1:239 char:31
+ $Config = Import-LocalizedData <<<<  -BaseDirectory $mypath -FileName ConfigInfo.psd1
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Import-LocalizedData], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportLocalizedData

PS C:\Users\user\GNURadio_Windows_Build_Scripts>

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Ernie