[Discuss-gnuradio] Bug Report

From: Raj Bhattacharjea
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug Report
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 15:47:36 -0500

I can't find a public bug tracker (is there one?), so here's a report.

GNURadio maint branch as of today (509330cfb6ad5b8b8787ba069b96ee35c5ac9c2d) on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 install with gr-fec enabled fails the "make test" on all "qa_polar_*" tests. Upon looking into it with ctest -V, either the qa code or the polar module itself has a python dependency on scipy's optimization / rootfinding algorithms. However, the cmake process never checks for scipy, as far as I can tell.

How to reproduce:
Get a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 insall going
Install the prereqs to make gr-fec work
Build gnuradio and run "make test" to watch the failure
Use ctest -V -R polar_decoder_sc (for example) to see that scipy imports failing are the cause of the problem

Workaround: install scipy (apt-get install python-scipy on Ubuntu)

Proposed fix:
If gr-fec is enabled, cmake should check for scipy as a dependency. Sorry I don't have time to contribute a patch.

--
Raj Bhattacharjea, PhD
Georgia Tech Research Institute