[Discuss-gnuradio] CSI phase variance in gr-ieee802-11

From: ABDELWAHED
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CSI phase variance in gr-ieee802-11
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 01:18:09 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I just want to make sense of the channel estimation data in gr-ieee802-11 (the CSI phase and amplitude data from gr-ieee802-11 )

Data collection info:
- Sender (USRP N210) and receiver (USRP N210) 3 meters apart
- Channel : 178 11p
- Hardware Frequency 5 Mhz
- Data rate: 10 packets per second
- Data received correctly on the receiver side
- Stationary Environment (no people moving around)

-CSI amplitude data makes sense (attached figures 1,2). When walk perpendicular to line of sight between sender and receiver values vary greatly.
-The CSI phase variance  (calculated over two minutes of data with setup described above ) is strange : first subcarrier varies the most and variance decreases as we move toward the middle then mirrored in the second part attached (figure 3,4)

for people who have relevant experience :Does this make any sense?

Regards,
Abdo