[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with the ieee 802.11 a/g/p receiver (wifi_rx)

From: Qurat-Ul-Ann Akbar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with the ieee 802.11 a/g/p receiver (wifi_rx)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:07:44 -0600

Hi,

I have been working with the ieee 802.11 module for GNU Radio. I have GNU Radio v 3.7.10.1 and I am using USRP N210 with a cbx daughterboard.

Right now I am just testing if the wifi_rx(the receiver) works. I am using a wifi card to send beacon frames and trying to detect the frames through the USRP. I get a lot of messages saying frame too short to parse length(<20). And there's wireshark connector which is supposed to copy received packets information into a pcap file and that pcap file shows nothing and the message that the pacp is possibly corrupted pops up.

I tried to debug using the data flow. I see the that the frame is detected properly and the symbols are copied in order to decode and the flow is fine but after the data is decoded in the WiFi Decode MAC Block, the frame gets dropped with the checksum wrong message. And it happens for most of the packets and that's why the pcap file isn't showing anything.

I tried to play with the gain but that's not changing anything. I am using 11g beacon frames and the sampling rate on the receiver is 20MHz. Did anyone encounter the same problem? And why are almost all checksums wrong? It would be very helpful if someone could guide me on this.

Best,
Annie