Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem installing GR via pybombs on fresh load
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 16:45:47 -0800

On 02/08/2017 05:52 AM, Jason Matusiak wrote:
> Two different coworkers recently mentioned to me that on fresh Ubuntu
> machines, they were having trouble getting GR to install via pybombs.
> It was the case (which I've seen before) where it acts like it
> installed, but source setup_env.sh doesn't source the gnuradio-companion
> binary.  If you run the binary directly, a window pops up complaining
> about Python paths.
>
> The fix for both of them seemed to be wiping everything out and
> installing swig (one of them figured this out by installing with the -vv
> option and looking at the output).  Then when they installed GR
> everything seemed to be happy.
>
> So i just wanted to mention that you may need to add that to your
> requirements in your documentation.

> .

If it's a PYTHONPATH issue, no need to re-install.

Is PYTHONPATH defined in your environment? And does  PYTHONPATH include
a path for your gnuradio installation?

Type

  env | grep PYTHONPATH

Do you have multiple installs of python?

For instance, you might be using python 3 by default but pybombs used
python 2 - or some other combination - if it's a problem  it's easy to
check.

Fire up python and type

 import os
 pythonpath=os.environ['PYTHONPATH'].split(os.pathsep)
 print pythonpath

-- Cinaed