[Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs problem installing gnuradio dependencies

From: EJ Kreinar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs problem installing gnuradio dependencies
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:41:28 -0500

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm reporting on the same pybombs problem as others recently [1], but I just ran into a problem installing gnuradio dependencies with pybombs...

Here's the situation:  I have a docker image which is attempting to install gnuradio via pybombs. I'm building pybombs from the github source so I can have get a few updates since the 2.3.0 pip release. I am not manually installing the required gnuradio dependencies such as boost, alsa (libasound2-dev), etc, ahead of time before running pybombs. When pybombs gets to some of the gnuradio dependencies -- I encountered this first with alsa-- pybombs does not install from the prebuilt packages, but tries to build from source, which may or may not fail for one reason or another. As it happens, alsa seems to have an invalid source URL in alsa.lwr that fails in my case.

Resolution: I can revert to the pybombs source as of December 15, 2016 (SHA: cfaaae10), which locates gnuradio dependencies without trying to build everything from source.  Looks like something in the Jan 4, 2017 updates are causing problems locating dependencies.. ? Would this make sense?

Thanks,
EJ

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg62392.html